Team members

Saturday 5 April 2008

Smelly Deer

My home stay family are so lovely, and have tried so hard to show me as much of this amazing area as they can. On the first full day that we had free together I was taken to Namba and Nara - to see historical shrines (amazing to look @ & smell amazing too (incense)) and other traditional Japanese areas and experiences...which were all wonderful...
.

.
...but maybe my favourite part of the day was having a chance to have my 'fix' of smelly animals - the wild deer who live in the park in Nara. I'm missing my beasties from home, so this was the next best thing - and they really were smelly, worse even than Harry Potter on a bad day!
.

.
Also - just to note: I thought that the Chinese takeaway curry that we can buy at home is 'westernised' and not at all related to any real oriental curry - but actually a beef curry that I had in Nara was pretty much the same as the chicken variety that I've been buying from Chicken George in Dinas Powys for the last 20 years!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Japan