Team members

Monday 7 April 2008

My adopted Parents


My first homestay I stayed with Machiko san and Toshikazu san and I couldn't have been graced with more fantastic parents. They welcomed me into their home with open arms and truly looked after me. I met many of their family members and they were some of the kindest and most generous people I have ever met. They took me out every evening to experience great food, and the language barrier became almost non existent with the amount of sake and beer they fed me in the evenings. We visited many sights and sometimes Machiko was just as excited as I. The picture above is of the two of us and her daughter in law who also showed me nothing but kindness.

Machiko san could speak quite a lot of English but she made a point of helping me with my Japanese which helped a lot.

At the end of my stay with them there were quite a few tears. As Machiko-san put it, she is my 'Japanese mother' and Toshi san is my Japanese father. I thank the two of them from the bottom of my heart for the kindness shown and hope I can return the favour one day in Wales.

No comments: